The Formula for Slavery
Meldon Fens
2008-03-14 18:49:42 UTC
A formula for slavery: GDP = C + I + G + (X-M)

"Government has no resources of its very own. The only way government can
give one person money is to first take it from another person. Doing so
represents the forcible using of one person, through the tax code, to serve
the purposes of another. That is a form of immorality akin to slavery. After
all, a working definition of slavery is precisely that: the forcible use of
one person to serve the purposes of another." - John M. Olin, 2005; The
condensed version of "The Road to Serfdom"
by F.A. Hayek as it appeared in the April 1945 edition of reader's digest,
Forward by Walter E. Williams

http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/search?title=The+Road+to+Serfdom&tmode=words
reinhardt
2008-03-14 21:06:40 UTC
Post by Meldon Fens
A formula for slavery: GDP = C + I + G + (X-M)
"Government has no resources of its very own. The only way government can
give one person money is to first take it from another person. Doing so
represents the forcible using of one person, through the tax code, to serve
the purposes of another. That is a form of immorality akin to slavery. After
all, a working definition of slavery is precisely that: the forcible use of
one person to serve the purposes of another." - John M. Olin, 2005; The
condensed version of "The Road to Serfdom"
by F.A. Hayek as it appeared in the April 1945 edition of reader's digest,
Forward by Walter E. Williams
http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/search?title=The+Roa...
that is about the size of it